Corals had a rough rap ride home.

lilfish717

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2019
Messages
807
Reaction score
292
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I bought a bunch of corals at rap. All lps besides a sshroom. I bought 2 big lobos and a torch. They are appearing to be fine. The problem is with many of the frags, especially the chalices. Most have a little bit of tissue loss. Nothing severe but from some reason almost anytime a coral in my tank gets a little bit of tissue loss it goes south from there. What can I do to try and make sure these guys make it. Lesson learned for next time, have a very good setup for the car ride home and I actually got some good ideas in my head.
 
I just bought this reef dip from seachem. I usually don't dip corals but I heard good things and I found a bottle for 6$ at rap. Will this work?
For corals that have had a rough trip, I dip in Coral RX and then Kents Lugols.
 
I just bought this reef dip from seachem. I usually don't dip corals but I heard good things and I found a bottle for 6$ at rap. Will this work?
Big fan of Seachem products. Have not used this one. It says it has iodine which is good. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
 
Big fan of Seachem products. Have not used this one. It says it has iodine which is good. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
Will do. I already acclimated them, so take them out my tank. Dip and replace?
 
Big fan of Seachem products. Have not used this one. It says it has iodine which is good. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
You also mention "when" your corals have a rough ride. Curious as to your chances of their survival.
 
Big fan of Seachem products. Have not used this one. It says it has iodine which is good. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but I have some dip I bought (which unfortunately expired only a month after), will it still work?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new