Corals not growing

Calireefer92

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
648
Reaction score
189
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers I have a couple lps/softies in my tank hammers, zoas, torch candy cane coral I’ve had them for a couple months and no growth. I’ll add my levels they been stable testing every week. I have a par meter and for the coral it’s in the range, running 2 Nero7, 2 mp40 lights 2 hydars26 1 Radion xr30 pro tank is 60x30x24

IMG_4094.png
 
The parameters seem fine, what are the par levels? Most similar threads come down to low lighting. I run halides and I will swear that corals love bright light and will grow like weeds. Led light folks are always so concerned to turn up their lights.
 
Last edited:
How old is the tank?
These are all things that take months to grow. It’s not a fast process. Check pics when you first put in the coral and again at 6 and 12 months to see if growth occurred
 
How old is the tank?
These are all things that take months to grow. It’s not a fast process. Check pics when you first put in the coral and again at 6 and 12 months to see if growth occurred
Tank is 2 years old
 
How old is the tank?
These are all things that take months to grow. It’s not a fast process. Check pics when you first put in the coral and again at 6 and 12 months to see if growth occurred
150-200
 
How old is the tank?
These are all things that take months to grow. It’s not a fast process. Check pics when you first put in the coral and again at 6 and 12 months to see if growth occurred
Par 150-200
 
Hey reefers I have a couple lps/softies in my tank hammers, zoas, torch candy cane coral I’ve had them for a couple months and no growth. I’ll add my levels they been stable testing every week. I have a par meter and for the coral it’s in the range, running 2 Nero7, 2 mp40 lights 2 hydars26 1 Radion xr30 pro tank is 60x30x24

IMG_4094.png
Ask formulator he knows it all
 
Couple of months you should have some new heads at least
I’d do an icp and see a breakdown of what’s in your water or if your doing water changes consider increasing the percentage , something might be out of whack you can’t test for
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new