Corals Not Opening, Dinos and GHA

teebucket

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank (29g) has been setup for about 2 months now after my tank had an alkalinity crash and I lost most of my fish and CuC. My corals had survived though, which meant I had to put corals and RFA in an immature tank. About 2 weeks ago, my RFA died as well as my xenia and Kenya tree, two corals which have a reputation for being unkillable. My zoas are not opening at all and GHA is starting to grow over some of my corals and my other corals aren't extending as much. I also have to deal with dinos and diatoms. There is also a large outbreak of Cyano that I had just siphoned out before taking the picture but it'll likely be back within a few hours.
Params (Hanna and Salifert)
NO3: 8.5
PO4 0.06
ALK 9.4
Cal 420
Ph 8.3
Salinity 1.024
Temp 81.5
Mag 1260
My RODI water also reads between 0-3 TDS.

I lost a clown and a few CuC the other day and I wasn't able to pinpoint the cause.

IMG_3966.jpg
 
First and foremost, I'd try to deal with your algae issues. Cleaning the tank and devices in the display, scraping the glass, siphoning everything you can off the rocks and performing a large water change.
 
I've been performing smaller incremental water changes over the past week or so and I've been scraping the glass and blowing cyano/diatoms/algae off of the skimmer and filter but it usually returns within hours
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new