Corals on snail shell

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oscaror
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
4,600
Location
Ottawa, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't exactly have a tank to try this out myself, but has anyone tried gluing corals to snail shells? I think some GSP covering a snail shell would look really cool, only problem I see is it maybe engulfing the snail? But maybe some other non stinging coral could work well. Think how cool it would be for the snails in a tank to be covered in corals moving around with bright colors as opposed to the regular shells that blend in. I'm just thinking out loud, but tell me what you think. Maybe try it out yourself? :rolleyes:
 
I feel like the GSP might fully encapsulate the snail, lol. Zoas, porites, mushrooms would probably be good, though. Light could possibly be an issue, though, on SPS stuff. Another issue i could see is that if the snail flips, it will have an even harder than normal time flipping back over (Which is already not an easy task for them) from the increased weight on their backs.
 
This happened on accident but the mushroom stayed for a few months before bailing. Had an astrea snail come in with some porites on it but the coral died after a month or so. Other than GSP I think s coral would not do well long term on a snail shell.
Resized_20180523_185919.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new