Corals on stilts tank

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2020
Messages
343
Reaction score
415
Location
PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after my tank sprung a leak I had to move everything to a temporary tank. I dug out my old 100g trough and picked up a cheap 14g cube to hold me over till I can get a new tank this spring. I didn't like the look of all my corals sitting in the frag racks so I got a hair brain idea for something different. I used acrylic rods placed in a starboard base to hold all my corals. Since this is only temporary I didn't glue the frags the rods. I left them on the plugs and use vinyl tubing to attach them to the rods.

20201109_175257[1].jpg
 
Since the reviews on these cheap tanks seem to have a lot of them leak I resealed the seams to make it sturdier. Also painted the back black.

20201108_180401.jpg 20201109_091802.jpg
 
Some of the corals

20201109_183847.jpg 20201109_183856.jpg 20201109_184139.jpg 20201109_184154.jpg 20201109_184203.jpg 20201109_184211.jpg 20201109_184221.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new