Corals Spent Three Days Being Shipped

TMF89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, if it's not one thing, its another! I placed an order for Saturday delivery of some corals, and asked them to hold it a the distribution center, so I could pick it up right away in the morning. Well it turns out the DC has winter hours, or something, and is now just Monday-Friday. I got them today as soon as they opened, and after doing some research, decided to float them for about 15 minutes and get them right into the tank. It seems like a lot of people put a higher priority on getting them into fresh, flowing water, and that taking the time to drip acclimate or dip them would have added extra stress. Well I got home from work, and this is what they look like. Mostly zoas, with a mushroom, acan, blasto, candy cane, and a stylocoenialla. How do you guys think they look? They spent the day under some rockwork in a bit of shade since I didn't want to shock them, and just moved them out to more direct light now. Some of them (blasto and candy cane for sure) have a bit of white gunk on them, and the candy cane has that feathery red hitch hiker, which I'm wondering about. I was planning on trying to get them to come back to life a bit, and then dip them today or tomorrow. Thanks for your opinions and information!

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am by no means a super aquatic expert; however, they all look normal to me. Also, can you get a better close up of your hitchhiker. Kinda looked like a pink feather duster but not sure from the video.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back