corals stores.... but not for sale...

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was mentioning this to my buddy about sometimes when I spend some time looking for a coral or frag at a store there is nothing worse than when you ask for a price, they tell you "ohh that is not for sale." It's like the carpet is pulled out from your feet when you find something you really like or have been looking for a long time. I dedicate this thread to all of us that have been dealt that crushing blow. So all of the sponsors...this is for you.;)

NFS 1.jpg bower great shot.jpg NFS .jpg

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I agree. I am ok with a nice display or two but there are some LFS around me that literally have more tanks with NFS items than stuff for sale. But I have learned that everything usually does have a price. So I’ve resorted to making reasonable offers on stuff they say is NFS and half the time they break down and sell it to me. What really gets me all worked up is going into the LFS and seeing everything new/good on hold. Then 3 weeks later they ask if you are still interested. Sorry…. Done spent my money elsewhere.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember going to one LFS, saw something I really wanted. Asked the owner if he could frag me a piece, he replied with a stern NO.
Ok ... no problem

One week later, I saw the mini colony was gone. Asked him what happened, he replied "it died on me"
Silly man, he lost his sale and his colony.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens to me more often that I’d like unfortunately

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be fortunate. I have a couple of "Go to" LFS's that clearly mark when a fish or coral is sold. They'll also let me know if something is not fit for immediate sale and why. At both of these establishments, I've shown interest in livestock in the display tanks, and they cut a frag for me on the spot. One even practically tore down a display tank to capture a fish for me that had been in the tank for months. I guess it comes down to the LFS. You just have to find the ones you're willing to work with. I personally have to travel 2 hours each way to get to the best ones. It's worth the time and effort for me.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually when I have seen that its because someone bought it or is on their way to buy it, or the store is growing it out to sell later

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back