OP
OP
greg1786

greg1786

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I just wanted to give yall an update since you have all been so helpful. Unfortunately I have lost a good bit of frags. My oregon tort, purple monster, green slimer , jedi mind trick, pc rainbow, mystic orange mille, RR rainbow loom, and ic kaleidoscope all perished. On a positive not though, i ramped up the cleanup crew, got a pack of stainless straws and have done a few small water changes while also siphoning using the straw and things are looking great. Theres definitely still some GHA no doubt but it is nowhere near as bas as itwas. I think the most encouraging thing is that since ive knocked it way back, its not growing back anywhere near the same rate as it had been in the past. In fact it seems like its struggling to hold on at this point. Im gonna order some phyto this week from the guy you recommended t5nitro so we'll see how that goes. All in all, despite the coral loss, things are looking up for sure so thanks again for all the help guys

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome Greg. Glad to hear you are on a better track. My corals kinda stalled out when I upgraded to 75 for several months, had a bout of aiptasia, then cyano, and GHA. Now three months later most of my rock is covered in coraline, my corals almost doubled in size, glued down a bunch of new frags and just received another order of snails, about 136.

Qty Product Name

60 Zig Zag Periwinkles
5 Cortez Cerith
40 Dwarf Cerith
5 Florida Cerith
4 Marginella Snail
4 Nerite Snail
5 Ninja Star Snail
5 Trochus radiatus
2 Turban Snails
6 Virgin Nerites

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back