Corals unhappy but parameters okay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slayyyter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slayyyter

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
197
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a little over 2yrs old and is all softies (9 leathers some gsp and cloves) but for the past few months my leathers have been unhappy (except one who seems completely fine) and my gsp and cloves haven't grow. My parameters have stayed pretty steady the entire time so I'm not sure what im missing.
Parameters:
Sal-1.025
Ph-7.94
Temp-78.5⁰
Alk-12
Cal- 435
Mag-1275
Nitrate- 3 ppm
Po⁴- undetectable

I have an auto feeder that feeds daily and two evil clows that kill everything i add so I can increase bio load through fish. Should I try something like iodine?
 
Are you doing water changes and if so how often? Are you using a skimmer? Also wondering if your dosing based on your high ALK.
 
Are you doing water changes and if so how often? Are you using a skimmer? Also wondering if your dosing based on your high ALK.
No skimmer and i do water changes sparingly. I dose alk and calcium so I'm lowering my dose and frequency for my alk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new