Coralvue Hydros/WaveEngine & Aqamai KPS Compatibility?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone know if a Aqamai KPS will work with the WaveEngine (not using the Aqamai supplied controller)?

I'm struggling to find a powerhead small enough for my Nano that will connect to any controller.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, why dont you want to use the controller that comes with it? If my memory serves me I had one of those and you could control it with an app, i believe that PH is wireless

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure, why dont you want to use the controller that comes with it? If my memory serves me I had one of those and you could control it with an app, i believe that PH is wireless

Several reasons.

Firstly, you will be able to co-ordinate feed mode with other controller functions if it is plugged into the WaveEngine.

Secondly, Hydor has been bought out so I have no idea how long the app will continue to work.

I've looked at the Octo Pulse 2 but it's too big, too powerful and too expensive for my Nano. If there was an Octo Pulse 1.......

I was hoping that the Aqamai KPS might work with the WavEngine just by making up a cable, but it looks like that is not the case.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How small is your nano? I have a kps and find that it isn't exactly strong enough for my 25g. I would e-mail CoralVue and ask them, they should give a more direct answer.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, with a 13.5, I don't think you need a wave controller. If you get one of the Sicce return pumps that fit in your return chamber + the KPS, you'll have plenty of flow. As for feed mode, all you'll need to do is press and hold the button on the kps controller for 2 seconds, and it turns it off for 10 minutes, and then turn off the return pump- which can be as simple as pressing a switch, if you get a power strip with individual plug switches.

Save that money for more corals!

diving planting GIF by Earth Hour

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks but there isn’t enough flow in my Evo. I am having minor cyano issue and I want to eliminate the dead spots.

Unfortunately I can’t always push the button as I am not always at home. Pushing the Aqamai button also won’t stop my return pump. I think I can set the timer to match a controller’s feed setting (and/or the timer on my eheim feeder) but it would be a more complete solution if everything could work in sympathy.

It’s not a big problem; I just though that connecting a DC pump to the WaveEngine DC output might be a simple process, but it appears that it isn’t.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back