!!!CORALVUE TV VISITS THE NEW SHOP, AND THEY BROUGHT THEIR CAMERAS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see this is person!

The last facility was phenomenal to visit and I can only imagine how much better the new facility is knowing you were able to plan from the beginning.

Can't washout to see your collection grow

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, no update on your son! Hopefully his growth has surpassed the corals growth!

Nice set up man. Congrats!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks sharp bud, I see lots of real estate for Battleclams!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks a ton guys! I really appreciate the posts! by this time next year there will be a ton more coral to show off as well!

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing videos like this.

I am really having a hard time understanding how you have zero algae growth anywhere in these tanks. Does a few tangs and rabbit fish really remove every inch of algae? Would love some pointers on algae control. With the lack of algae I would assume you have very low phosphate (probably from not feeding the fish) and low nitrate, (you mentioned dosing nitrate) yet you still have very vibrant SPS corals. For myself when I have lack of algae usually means my SPS are going to be pale in color.

Would love some pointers.

Thxs

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love seeing videos like this.

I am really having a hard time understanding how you have zero algae growth anywhere in these tanks. Does a few tangs and rabbit fish really remove every inch of algae? Would love some pointers on algae control. With the lack of algae I would assume you have very low phosphate (probably from not feeding the fish) and low nitrate, (you mentioned dosing nitrate) yet you still have very vibrant SPS corals. For myself when I have lack of algae usually means my SPS are going to be pale in color.

Would love some pointers.

Thxs

Ha! good catch, simple, no tricks or magic at all, the systems were essentially brand new when they did the video back in june or so. They have since been through a few waves of "the uglies" but I've added over 2500 snails that have done an amazing job cleaning things up My nitrate is easily over 50 in there now and things looks better than ever

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! good catch, simple, no tricks or magic at all, the systems were essentially brand new when they did the video back in june or so. They have since been through a few waves of "the uglies" but I've added over 2500 snails that have done an amazing job cleaning things up My nitrate is easily over 50 in there now and things looks better than ever
Dang, really.. so that much water volume, only a few fish, no coral food, and regular water changes. I would think all those colonies would would be sucking the nitrate up to the point you'd be regularly adding no3. Where is it coming from? Is that the same system that's piggy backing the rock rubble tank? Is the new rock giving off nutrients?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dang, really.. so that much water volume, only a few fish, no coral food, and regular water changes. I would think all those colonies would would be sucking the nitrate up to the point you'd be regularly adding no3. Where is it coming from? Is that the same system that's piggy backing the rock rubble tank? Is the new rock giving off nutrients?

Ive got some monster rabbits and tangs in there and they eat really well lol, but it may be a combination of things including nearly 1k lbs of still cycling dry rock

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the video, just what I wanted to see. Adam do you mind telling me where you get those large frag squares, I love the way coral spread on them

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back