• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Corky finger gorgonian

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fragging my corky finger gorgonian as it shadowing other corals. Prices range from $35 to $75. Just for reference:
- about 8"-10" is $35
- 10-12" is $50 with multiple branches.

Curbside Pick up only in 07003.

Thanks for looking

20201121_161856.jpg

Would love your advice on this - my corky finger gorgs just seem to get skinnier and skinner. This guy has been retracted for last couple of days, but was fine and full of polyps 2 days ago. Every other coral in the tank is doing great, and I thought these guys were supposed to grow like weeds. Any idea what might be happening? I ended up trimming down the one right beside it because it seemed he was losing a bit of flesh but not completely necrotic, just kind of a thinning/whitening scenario which seems to be happening to this guy now too.

D6EC3293-5592-41E8-A225-68A1E2AB8956.jpeg
5CEF63E0-FBC3-49DE-8F6E-25C47613117F.jpeg

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love your advice on this - my corky finger gorgs just seem to get skinnier and skinner. This guy has been retracted for last couple of days, but was fine and full of polyps 2 days ago. Every other coral in the tank is doing great, and I thought these guys were supposed to grow like weeds. Any idea what might be happening? I ended up trimming down the one right beside it because it seemed he was losing a bit of flesh but not completely necrotic, just kind of a thinning/whitening scenario which seems to be happening to this guy now too.

D6EC3293-5592-41E8-A225-68A1E2AB8956.jpeg
5CEF63E0-FBC3-49DE-8F6E-25C47613117F.jpeg
Did you buy this from me? Ime only gorgs coming straight from the ocean are that finicky. My very same gorg is bullet proof. It only closes if the black widow nems rub and irritate it. Then it opens again but never lost tissue. I cut mine hundreds of time. Mine has been aquacultured for years.

Hope this helps.
I have some if interested

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy this from me? Ime only gorgs coming straight from the ocean are that finicky. My very same gorg is bullet proof. It only closes if the black widow nems rub and irritate it. Then it opens again but never lost tissue. I cut mine hundreds of time. Mine has been aquacultured for years.

Hope this helps.
I have some if interested
I did not - I’ve had these guys for over a year now and bought from KP Aquatics (didnt know you were an option at the time). I know he does pluck from the ocean. You think there’s a chance they are fine and just look a bit hideous? It doesn’t seem like they’re going full necrotic - its more like they get skinnier and are turning a bit white, but even so he still sends polyps out.

if these end up perishing I will definitely grab some from ya - I love these things they are some of my favorite corals.

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give them lot of flow and decent light . I have them at par ranging from from 200-500. They are very forgiving. Keep me posted.

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give them lot of flow and decent light . I have them at par ranging from from 200-500. They are very forgiving. Keep me posted.
What about feeding? Do they need to be fed? I feel like they should be getting plenty from water column, every now and again Ill directly feed but not very often.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back