• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cornbred corals is the worst

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From reading the whole post, I don't think its as simple as that though. Didn't get the impression that the shipping part was his biggest complaint, more that he thought he was getting the exact coral pictured but didn't.

Right, of course they were also upset because it was sent to the wrong place and he had trouble contacting them. Which seems to be quite a valid complaint. While it is a good reminder to very carefully read descriptions, it is not the only issue that was had.
But by some miracle....he has the correct coral now......
Doesnt seem like a big issue to me.

He posted the bounce in another thread and its a decent size for $300 shipped.
Wasnt a booger atleast.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I need to learn to read. Noted.

YOU state @Saltyreef made the claim "all THEIR listings from cornbreads on eBay are WYSIWYG"

Yet, as Quoted above, he clearly stated " his listings are always listed as WYSIWYG or not"

Finishing a sentence for context is an important part of reading, or so I may learn when I learn to read.

I get that you're upset, go ahead and grow that booger out and try to undercut the market. I'll buy the first cut from you for $20. We'll really show him!
Me when he grows enough splits to actually undercut the market.

1628190473498.png

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone has a poor experience such as shipping to the wrong place and then having trouble contacting them, no, I don't think it is. That is the vendors fault.

And yet the buyer WAS able to contact the seller, and the seller did RESHIP the coral to the correct address.... so again, why exactly should I be upset over this seller and these actions?

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup....he said he recieved some zoas instead.

So technically the OP is complaining about recieving more than he actually bought.

Shame on cornbred......
In A Box Reaction GIF

Would be nice to see photos of both frags received.

Maybe the headache was worth it, could've gotten some JF Zoa's.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good to know the guy doesn't list an address or phone number. That alone makes him not worth buying from.

Prolly should have just bit the bullet and spent $400 at a real store instead of fishing eBay for a $100 discount. Sounds like Ebay ended up fishing you.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yet the buyer WAS able to contact the seller, and the seller did RESHIP the coral to the correct address.... so again, why exactly should I be upset over this seller and these actions?

Yes he was, and got a decent coral for the price it seems. You should not be upset, that is for you to decide and you did. R2R has always been a supportive place, it's why many moved here from RC and other forums. There was no need for people to jump on the OP, he wasn't happy, still isn't happy. The only things threads like this do is make people not want to post.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But where's the pictures of anything anyways?

Heres his sick dying non wysiwyg OG that hes planning on undercutting the market with.

Cost him $300. Selling for $25.
Hes buying more though....

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Heres his sick dying non wysiwyg OG that hes planning on undercutting the market with.

Cost him $300. Selling for $25.
Hes buying more though....
Looks like a normal frag to me TBH.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less now, most people have moved on so there isn't much content. Nano-reef still has some fire to it if that is what you are after.
I left Nano-Reef and came here bahaha, that site was like extra toxic.

I think at most people here have some "mean teasing" and "hazing" I'd say it's rare to see something really offensive.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left Nano-Reef and came here bahaha, that site was like extra toxic.

I think at most people here have some "mean teasing" and "hazing" I'd say it's rare to see something really offensive.
That is true, mostly do to the strict moderation here. Some hate it, but imo clearly a lot more like the friendlier environment.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you live in Los Angeles I made a LFS guide somewhere.

I recently got all my last 12 or so frags all total'd out to less than $20 a frag including SPS etc.

Have a few $80-100 pieces in there. Lots of good places to hunt in Los Angeles for some WYSIWYG and rare deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 61.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.0%
Back