~~~~~~~~Cornbred Maleficent Acro show off/Progression thread~~~~~~~

ColaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I just recently got one from Rich Negret. He has sold me microscopic size acro frags and chalice frags in the past, but the Maleficent I got was almost 1" and multi branch :)

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine got knocked over onto my rainbow monti while I was gone a few days and got stung. it still has a good encrusted base, but lost a lot of color and the top growth. I also needed to change out my T5 bulbs and received my bulbs yesterday, but everyone of the 14 bulbs were busted. Appears that UPS put something super heavy in the middle a the box 48" box marked "Fragile, Glass light bulbs" and all bulbs were broken in half! dealing with that right now! UGH. In the meantime my SPS in my frag tank are loosing some of their colors because lights are 11 months old. Hope they get my replacement bulbs quickly.

jared graves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine got knocked over onto my rainbow monti while I was gone a few days and got stung. it still has a good encrusted base, but lost a lot of color and the top growth. I also needed to change out my T5 bulbs and received my bulbs yesterday, but everyone of the 14 bulbs were busted. Appears that UPS put something super heavy in the middle a the box 48" box marked "Fragile, Glass light bulbs" and all bulbs were broken in half! dealing with that right now! UGH. In the meantime my SPS in my frag tank are loosing some of their colors because lights are 11 months old. Hope they get my replacement bulbs quickly.
Sorry to hear that! Hope everything works out. I got a good sized frag today but it looks like it may have gone through too much in shipping and is losing tissue:/

1MJG1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So me and my buddy origionaly got a tiny 1/8 inch skin frag from Rich with our online order. It said "needs some TLC" as it was a freebie with our large order. This is 5 months growth branching. we decided to top it and i got the top. The base has encrusted about an inch down on live rock so we left that intact and took this. Its one of the nicest acros ive seen. This pic doesnt even give it justice. The base/skin color is a beautiful maleficent green with ruby maroon polyps. I made 2 super small frags of it too that are doing great!
_MG_7547.jpg

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this acro? I'm interested in seeing what a colony of this looks like.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump! Great thread. I'll take a pic of mine here soon.

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumpage sweet acro.

Bad iPhone pic I'll get my Nikon going. Got one in brown I didn't even know what it was. About two months now it's Metalic red top and basing out metallic green . One of the coolest I've seen. Mines sitting around 300 par and loving life so far.

IMG_0514.JPG

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everyone's frag is healthy. I look forward to see growth shots of the Maleficent. Maybe it will color up over time. I've seen this coral in person a handful of times and yet to see any bright colors. All the frags were green and red but lacked bright colors.
Cranking up the contrast in photoshop or Lightroom will make them very bright. :D

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic taken with a Samsung galaxy S7. It's actually more blood red in person. Color looks muted.
Maleficent1.jpg

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cranking up the contrast in photoshop or Lightroom will make them very bright. :D

I said this 2 years ago when the first frags came out. I haven't had the chance to see a good quality photograph or visually seen a nice size colony. It would be nice for someone to post a good quality photograph of a mini colony. Considering blue LEDS and camera sensors don't mix well most photos need adjustment with a computer aided programs. It's just up to the photographer to make sure the photo represents the correct colors the coral displays in the aquarium. My opinion of this coral is up in the air until I see it in person or see a photo from a known coral photographer. Because the photos I've seen so far are either over saturated or under saturated with an unedited pic. Neither photos represent the coral in real life. Fingers crossed that we'll see a good representation of this coral someday.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back