Correct bleach?

RSREEFING

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
163
Reaction score
47
Location
Racine
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the right bleach to bleach some rock? I have a 20 gallon brute can full of rock, how much would I need?

Thank you,

Screenshot_20220307-013810_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 
That’s the one I have used. Most people dilute it 10:1 to soak rocks for a few days.

I only dilute it 5:1. I don’t have a good reason for mixing it twice as strong as everyone else.
 
I use bleach to strip rock at a 2-3 cups per 5 gallons of water depending how bad the rock is.
 
I dilute it 4:1 in my ridehare neighbors coffee
 
No- you want the basic bleach. The cheap bleach like dollar store bleach. I bought the one you have here with colormax technology or whatever it says and it doesn't work as good on non-clothing items. It has additives in it. You don't want those additives.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new