Could possably be getting a copper band

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.
Today I might be getting a copper band butterfly. I wanted to know I'd anyone has any tips for me. I am going to make shure it's eating at the lfs. But should I do anything to introduce it to the tank? It's going to be the first fish in the repopulation of my tank after the great white pleauge.
Current fish in tank are:
5 inch sailfin
5 inch onespot foxface
3 inch blue fairy wrasse
Blue damsel
Cromis
And a single black clown :(

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with quarantining, and would like to add that it gives you time to hopefully get the copperband eating well before it has to deal with aggression from the other fish.
I didn’t move my copperband into my display until it was reliably eating from the water column, and now he is one of my most aggressive eaters.

I’d also recommending having a source of live worms to entice the copperband to eat if it won’t eat anything else. Even if a copperband eats at the store that doesn’t guarantee that it will continue to eat once you get it home.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys.
Today I might be getting a copper band butterfly. I wanted to know I'd anyone has any tips for me. I am going to make shure it's eating at the lfs. But should I do anything to introduce it to the tank? It's going to be the first fish in the repopulation of my tank after the great white pleauge.
Current fish in tank are:
5 inch sailfin
5 inch onespot foxface
3 inch blue fairy wrasse
Blue damsel
Cromis
And a single black clown :(
Assure it eats or shows interest in food, NO skin issues, normal breathing rate and swims from net , not fall into it when being caught.
Mine - favorite food is LRS Herbivore diet

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2. The first came with lymphocytis. Then developed uroma. My current one had lymphocytis, which has went away. He ate well at the LFS and now eats brine, shrimp chunks, and an occasional fresh clam. Since he is not first definitely use and acclimation box. Maybe once he goes in rearrange the scape slightly to minimize territorial aggression.
Current pic of my copperband horse
IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0809.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2. The first came with lymphocytis. Then developed uroma. My current one had lymphocytis, which has went away. He ate well at the LFS and now eats brine, shrimp chunks, and an occasional fresh clam. Since he is not first definitely use and acclimation box. Maybe once he goes in rearrange the scape slightly to minimize territorial aggression.
Current pic of my copperband horse
IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0809.jpeg
Thoes are some cool pics. My rocks are basically a giant pile in the back so there is alot of hiding space for big and small fish.
I'll definately use the acclamation box.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I use a acclamation box thing I have as a qt? Or have it in sump?
If not it would have to be I'm some big container as I don't have another qt tank.
The idea of qt is to separate it from the main system so you don't introduce something in the main system.
A acclimation box or sump will not work. It has to be a different tank not connected to your main system.

A box will work like Rubbermaid tub.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so what do yall think it has? I was told it was eating at the store.
But was not there to look at it.

Bacterial?
IMG_20240109_154328.jpg
I think it has a 50/50 chance of survival. CB’s are known to be difficult to keep. You should never have brought it home without first laying eyes on it at the store.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might just be the light. I'm still going to qt it. Make shure it's eating in qt and is all okay.

It's breathing normally and there's no scales up.

I guess I should also add that I did see it Friday when I stopped by there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The copperband was pretty much picture perfect when I first saw it. The weird red spat was just the lighting. I was so exited, it ate at the lfs, it energetically swam away from the net it even looked good.

Yet a while after the acclamation process had started it flipped upside down. And could only swim in circles and later died 15 minutes.

I don't understand what could have happend. The stress from the 45min caride home made something internally fail? No clue what happend. Definately won't be getting a copper band any time soon. Thought I could keep one but I guess I got unlucky.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back