Could use help choosing a protein skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter DT_504
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DT_504

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2023
Messages
19
Reaction score
19
Location
New Orleans
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a innovative marine 50 gallon lagoon, and could use some help choosing a protein skimmer.

I've been looking at this new icecap skimmer.
I like that it has a controllable DC pump.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aio-240-protein-skimmer-icecap.html
And I've also been looking at this aquamaxx skimmer.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquamaxx-ws-1-in-sump-protein-skimmer.html
What do you suggest?

I'm open to any suggestions that aren't listed.

I'm not really interested in the tunze since it's a surface skimmer, and been reading it doesn't perform how it should in a AIO chamber.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
 
I will say I have the Aquamaxx HOB-1.5 which is very similar to the WS-1 and it has been great…quick break in, easy to empty/clean, very efficient at removing organics and keeping my parameters in line…would recommend
 
I will say I have the Aquamaxx HOB-1.5 which is very similar to the WS-1 and it has been great…quick break in, easy to empty/clean, very efficient at removing organics and keeping my parameters in line…would recommend
My tank is against the wall, so it needs to be internal
 
Yeah I understand but they essentially use the same pump and collection cup so I was just giving the ws-1a thumbs up
 
Which did you end up choosing? I’m struggling to choose one that will fit in the back chamber of my IM 50 gal AIO. They are either too big or the ones that fit are rated for a smaller tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new