Countdown to nee Regal Angel!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Regal angel comes friday!! Im very excited. Ive read a lot of mixed things about just introducing them into the DT vs QT. Some posts and other stuff Ive seen say that its easier for them to adjust in the DT vs in the QT and then moved to the DT.

Some background on my Regal:
Its 5-6 inches, wild caught, kept in hypo salinity 1.018 that has copper running in their systems. The regal will have been onsite for 10 days by the time they ship it out thursday to me. They have gotten the fish eating live baby brine shrimp, frozen mysis, LRS herbivore diet, and live blackworms. They also stated they keep cheap SPS in the tank for them to eat too (hope mine doesnt decide to eat mine!).

My biggest concern isnt that the regal will be bullied if added to the main DT, my fish are all pretty chill with new fish. My concern is it bringing something into my tank from the ocean.

What do you guys think??

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Regal angel comes friday!! Im very excited. Ive read a lot of mixed things about just introducing them into the DT vs QT. Some posts and other stuff Ive seen say that its easier for them to adjust in the DT vs in the QT and then moved to the DT.

Some background on my Regal:
Its 5-6 inches, wild caught, kept in hypo salinity 1.018 that has copper running in their systems. The regal will have been onsite for 10 days by the time they ship it out thursday to me. They have gotten the fish eating live baby brine shrimp, frozen mysis, LRS herbivore diet, and live blackworms. They also stated they keep cheap SPS in the tank for them to eat too (hope mine doesnt decide to eat mine!).

My biggest concern isnt that the regal will be bullied if added to the main DT, my fish are all pretty chill with new fish. My concern is it bringing something into my tank from the ocean.

What do you guys think??
Hey - I hate to hijack the thread but you purchased a potter's angel as well from them, right? Is he still coming?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - I hate to hijack the thread but you purchased a potter's angel as well from them, right? Is he still coming?
No problem. No he isnt coming, got an email from them. Them being on the website was a mistake on their part, they dont have any. I substituted for a golden dwarf angelfish. Not gonna lie I was sad but the golden was my second choice. They said these goldens were some of the biggest and brightest theve gotten so we will see! Ill post a picture of it when it comes.

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. No he isnt coming, got an email from them. Them being on the website was a mistake on their part, they dont have any. I substituted for a golden dwarf angelfish. Not gonna lie I was sad but the golden was my second choice. They said these goldens were some of the biggest and brightest theve gotten so we will see! Ill post a picture of it when it comes.
Oh, dang. Well to answer your original question, while I don't have experience with regals, I'd definitely still QT him in some capacity. They run low doses of copper in their system, so while it keeps parasite counts low, it doesn't kill them. If they were to have some disease, once they got in your system without any copper, they'd explode with sickness and infect your other fish.

Back