couple zoo prop questions

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. How do you rid frags or wild colonies of that dang creeping red gracelaria/brush algea? I have a couple spots on some big colonies, and some on frags that are taking over! I hate that crap! I was thinking about trying a hydrogen peroxide dip to kill it. has anyone tried it? I know the H2O2 will attack FW algeas so I think it should work the same?

2. How do you get frag or solitary polyps from under your frag racks in your prop tanks? I just went to take a pic of some AE's I have, and the dang polyps popped off the Superglue and are hanging out under the rack with a whole bunch of other frags that got dropped down there. I dont want to remove the rack, but I think i may have to.

any ideas?

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 hungry tanges that clean all the unwanted algea off my colonies. It works well if you don't feed for a few days the eat everything thay can.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROTFL...

So, are you happy to see me or is that just a tang in your pocket you are trying to hide?

Laurie

Shultz

Spiderman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
ROTFL...

So, are you happy to see me or is that just a tang in your pocket you are trying to hide?

Laurie

Nah! I'm just looking a bit "regal" today :oops: :shock:

Cheers Shelton.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt...I have a set of ultra fine tweezers made by "Techni-tool", and I pull the algae out!

As for the frag...try directing some flow from your mini-jet in their direction...maybe they'll pop back up, and you can grab them

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some algae on a frag plug and I pull the frag out and scrape the rock with the algae using a knife. I just go back and forth across the rock with the knive then dip it into the water to see how much I got off. You could also use some sand paper or just frag the piece off and put it onto another piece.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing so hopefully you will win your battle.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back