Court Jester Goby a jumper?

TSM Aquatics

DerekB4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had a watchman goby in my tank less than 24 hours in my tank. Looks like it jumped through my net top. It was a smaller diamond goby.

Are court jester gobies as notorious of jumpers as Watchman gobies? I was thinking about buying a biota court jester goby.

AS

shooter2377

View Badges
Reaction score
I bought a court jester goby a couple weeks ago was in the tank like 2 days and was never
Seen again. I have two theories as to what happened. Either I sucked him out doing a water change, but I think I would have noticed, or he jumped and became a nice little snack for the dogs. Either way, I feel kinda bad about it. They’re pretty fish! I’ll deffinately get
Another once I get my tank upgraded though!

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
any fish can jump if given enough reason. what other tank mates do you have in your tank? have you checked overflow box/weir and sump?

OP
DerekB4

DerekB4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have 2 ocellaris clowns, a green Chromis, and snails. I found the diamond watchman goby on top middle of my diy red sea net. Don’t know how it managed that.

My newbie brain was thinking a biota court jester goby would be used to aquarium life and wouldn’t be so jumpy. Maybe a bigger sleeper goby wouldn’t fit through my net.

Orphek OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Lighting