Cowfish tank size

saraeelove

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2017
Messages
44
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a dumb thing, I got a baby cowfish. I knew some info about them. I came a cross a tiny probably 1.5 or 2 inch long in a fish store and basically I got emotionally attached to it at the store and did an impulse buy.

I currently have 2 small clown fish, 2 firefish, one cleaner shrimp, one turbo snail, and reef crabs. With the cow fish now..

I am planning on upgrading to a 100 Gallon soon but I was wondering .. What is the minimum size for a cowfish.
 
Liveaquia lists min at 250g but boxfish can get huge. You probably should consider getting a larger than that tank arranged for it as it grows. A lot of people I've heard end up donating adult boxfish to public aquariums just because they get so big and hard to keep. I would suggest doing a ton of research on them. They are a fish that your entire tank needs to be carefully stocked around them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new