CPR aquafuge 2

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’ve been thinking about getting this hob refugium, but I’m wondering if it would be worth it. I’ve read a lot of old forums but non of them really help. I have a 40 breeder with a aqua clear 70, tunze 9004 skimmer, and then just some pumps. I wanna know if this refugium would help at all or if it’s just a waste of money
Thanks for any help

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the big aquafuge. The way I see it is basically turns my bowfront into an all in one tank. I have my skimmer, heaters, and a ton of live rock back there

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have the medium size on my RS 260. It grew chaeto great with the included light. At the time I did not have an in cabinet sump. Now that I've upgraded I moved the refugium to the sump.

I thought it was cool to see the refugium and how it worked. But that's not everyone's cup of tea.

OP
OP
D

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have the medium size on my RS 260. It grew chaeto great with the included light. At the time I did not have an in cabinet sump. Now that I've upgraded I moved the refugium to the sump.

I thought it was cool to see the refugium and how it worked. But that's not everyone's cup of tea.
Did you notice any benefits in water chemistry from running the refugium?

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you notice any benefits in water chemistry from running the refugium?
I had been struggling with nitrates and this helped. Hard to say exactly how much but it was a part of the solution. It's also a good place for pod growth. You could see the pods moving around in the refugium which was pretty cool.

I have in sump refugiums in 2 of my tanks. They're loaded with pods. But also bristle worms, gotta be careful turning the chaeto.

Back