cpr bak pak

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody run this skimmer? if so how far does the powerhead sit under the water surface? mine sitd at least 4-5 inches under. i bought it used and dont know if missing pieces. how do you guys think it performs for u.

Steven Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like these skimmers. They work reasonably well and are very inexpensive. A great skimmer for a smaller aquarium (55 and under).

4-5" sounds about right.

glacierdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powerhead sits about 4-5 inches, bought one for my 55 gallon about 3 months ago seems to work well so far as long as the filter screen doesn't get obstructed on the pump.

Crazy Rick's

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice skimmers for small tanks as suggested by Mr. Pro. We've used these for over 10 years, gosh, might be more than 15 now that I think about it. There's a variety of pumps you might find yourself with from a Rio to a MaxiJet, and the newest ones are Accella pumps. The Accella pump really turned these things up a notch. I would suggest if you have the rio or maxi and struggle with it, pick up an Accella and you'll be in a whole different place. More fine bubbles, thicker foam, and much easier control.

Enjoy your new skimmer!

Steve

Steven Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice skimmers for small tanks as suggested by Mr. Pro. We've used these for over 10 years, gosh, might be more than 15 now that I think about it. There's a variety of pumps you might find yourself with from a Rio to a MaxiJet, and the newest ones are Accella pumps. The Accella pump really turned these things up a notch. I would suggest if you have the rio or maxi and struggle with it, pick up an Accella and you'll be in a whole different place. More fine bubbles, thicker foam, and much easier control.

Enjoy your new skimmer!

Steve

I couldn't agree more. The Maxi-Jets were definitely an improvement in reliability over the Rio's, but their air intake strainer cone tended to clog. The Accella does seem to pull more air and clog less.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 28.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 59 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back