CPR CS202 HOB questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter dc5423
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dc5423

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Sorry If this has been answered but I was unable to find it. I have a CPR CS202 hob overbox i plan to use. These typically are used with the aquatic lift pump, but they have become hard to find. I was reading they you could put a airpump in your sump, and connect a line to your over flow box to suck out air to help keep the siphon. Has anyone does it before? also my Sump only has one hole to drain in it I was planning on using a t to connect into one to go into the sump. Is this ok? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Bumping your post!
 
I can't imagine it wouldn't, but the last time I used a CPR overflow was 15 years ago and the aqualift pump was available. They are not that expensive, so you could definitely try it. The only thing I had against the set up was that I was nervous about the power going out. It never did, so I was golden. In the case of working an overflow with said assist, I would seriously consider a battery backup to make sure siphon is maintained (as well as your return(s)).
 
Started the CPR overflow with the siphon method, and putting the hose back into my sump. It ran fine all week. For some reason the hose was removed this morning. I was out town. I suspect my dogs may have bumped it. I think found the pump on amazon. But to PharmrJohn point when using pump you are dependent on not losing power, but atleast if power goes out then your return pump stops when the siphon stops.


Amazon product ASIN B0BGYYSBG3
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new