Crab Dead or Alive During Molting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brisk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brisk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
9,576
Reaction score
31,228
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hi. This morning I found my crab not moving. When I looked closer, it looks like it is molting and half way out. It is not moving at all since this morning. Is it dead? Thank you.

1728669433174.png


1728669449419.png
 
Possibly. Invertebrates don't always have successful molts, and it sometimes can be fatal. Try nudging or lightly blasting it to see if it is alive. If not, I'd remove it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new