Crab ID found in acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter rogerrgr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rogerrgr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
206
Reaction score
59
Location
Barberton, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a crab in an acro mini colony I got. The other colonies had obvious white masked acropora crabs, but this one looked different so I took it out of the coral and put in the sump.


 
Hi all,
I found following guy in my acros and I was wondering whether it is harmful for acros or not.
12168879_965992520130090_383695487_o.jpg
12171321_965992513463424_1997319043_o.jpg
 
I have usually heard the hairy ones called Gorilla Crabs. Of course nowadays, with all the trade names out there, I wouldn't doubt it is called something else also. I have also always considered the hairy ones as pests and not reef safe.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new