Crab molt question...

SkyDoodles

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Messages
114
Reaction score
124
Location
Moore
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just watch one of my anemone crabs molt... Usually don't see them do it so that was pretty cool to watch.
What do you do with the exoskeleton when u see it in there? Leave it or pull it? I'm just curious about general thoughts. Thanx
 

Attachments

  • 20201130_112158.mp4
    29.7 MB
I pull the crab/shrimp molts if I feel like it or if they look bad- otherwise if i cant reach I just leave in the tank. They seem to break down pretty quickly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new