Crab show off thread (Crab Brag)

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent addition, a red mythrax (emerald) crab. Body is still smaller than a dime, most days I can't find it anywhere. Hoping it gets a little more red on the next moult!

20200516_144445.jpg

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent addition, a red mythrax (emerald) crab. Body is still smaller than a dime, most days I can't find it anywhere. Hoping it gets a little more red on the next moult!

20200516_144445.jpg
My red came from LA. I ordered 4 emerald as part of a build your own clean up crew and got the red. It is also very light pink colored and missing a claw.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wondering if a drop or two of iodine once a week might help with coloring and moulting a little more often to brighten him up.
I see hermit crab molts all of the time so it seams I should be good on iodine. I’ve got no other proof except the molting success of the hermits though. Might be worth a shot as long as iodine isn’t harmful if levels are higher?

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my largest one. The kids call him "Monster". He is well fed with a very privileged scargot diet! (He keeps eating ceriths, nassarius and even a large turbo, which he now wears)

MVIMG_20200530_172323.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Pom Pom crab! How’s it in your tank? I’m thinking about getting one but I’m kinda nervous cause of the whole anemone thing
I have only ever had them in the 6g tank. They hide constantly. I find they like to come out and eat after lights out. So cool when they do get spotted hiding though. I see them molt on and off. Keep thinking it is dead. This one has been with me over a year now.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my largest one. The kids call him "Monster". He is well fed with a very privileged scargot diet! (He keeps eating ceriths, nassarius and even a large turbo, which he now wears)

MVIMG_20200530_172323.jpg
So it’s a serial killer crab that wears the “skin” of it victims! Buffalo Bob stuff there! Get that crab some spare shells.

Loving all the crabs!

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only ever had them in the 6g tank. They hide constantly. I find they like to come out and eat after lights out. So cool when they do get spotted hiding though. I see them molt on and off. Keep thinking it is dead. This one has been with me over a year now.
I’m going to try one in my tiny Cunzo tank. I’ll be able to see it regularly in such a small volume of water.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s a serial killer crab that wears the “skin” of it victims! Buffalo Bob stuff there! Get that crab some spare shells.

Loving all the crabs!
haha. He has plenty of empty ones lying around which he 100% ignores.
(I love this thread BTW!)

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love crabs! I’ve been looking for a Pom Pom locally for a while. I can’t find my problem child now, but ive got the only surviving original Scarlet hermit in my tank still named Duncan MacLeod of the clan MacLeod. He murdered my entire original clean up crew (lots of Quickening lightning storms in the house) but he’s seemingly chilled out with all The blue legs I recently added. He likes to switch shells several times a day so I’ll have to update again with a pic when I find him walking around.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back