OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank can burst at any time and yes it is not structurally sound right now, drain it asap or youll most likely flood the room that its in. It is fixable but you have to take it apart completely and replace the broken panel and the reseal the whole tank. Wouldnt waste any time if i were you. Id rather have to recycle than deal with a flooded room...
not the 10 gallon, the tank i posted a picture of the seal of.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with others here, I wouldn’t trust that tank any longer. Being it’s only a 10 gallon, I’d just replace or upgrade and call it day. With that said, that doesn’t look like a normal crack to me. It looks like something may have impacted the corner and the crack is just expanding.

To your question regarding the 20 gallon, it is likely okay. I’ve had plenty of tanks where that extra bit of silicone comes loose from overzealous scraping as long as the actual seams appear to be intact you should be good I would imagine

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with others here, I wouldn’t trust that tank any longer. Being it’s only a 10 gallon, I’d just replace or upgrade and call it day. With that said, that doesn’t look like a normal crack to me. It looks like something may have impacted the corner and the crack is just expanding.

To your question regarding the 20 gallon, it is likely okay. I’ve had plenty of tanks where that extra bit of silicone comes loose from overzealous scraping as long as the actual seams appear to be intact you should be good I would imagine
Thank you. I'm really debating right now on just giving up with normal tanks and just buying some kind of kit somewhere and calling it a day...

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna get an AIO tank (10-20 gallon) or the 10 gallon FOWLR starter kit from BRS, but i already ordered a sump kit from BRS... sighs. Might just order an internal canister filter... im tired.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna get an AIO tank (10-20 gallon) or the 10 gallon FOWLR starter kit from BRS, but i already ordered a sump kit from BRS... sighs. Might just order an internal canister filter... im tired.
Give them a call. Though my return experience is limited with them, it looks like it should be returnable unless it’s an actual sump - https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/returns

TLO45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to keep the snail and worms stick them in a 5 gallon bucket and be done.
Otherwise just start over.
Don’t keep or try to repair the tank.

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have everything moved to the 20 gallon tank. Of course, however, my filter decided to start spewing water the one time I take it out of the bucket I had it in. Despite it not doing that the last two times I used it.

keithmeseroll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that i was losing water volume at a relatively fast rate considering my tank had a lid and was covered and then i noticed this!

i noticed that there was salt crystals beginning to form at the bottom frame of my tank and then i saw it! is it fixable, or am i gonna just have to totally restart with a different tank? i think im going to siphon the saltwater out and turn off the filter and heater / etc. if its not and maybe just take the plunge and move my setup over to a bigger tank?

Can a little super glue fix this? i can't even feel it when i rub my finger over it save for the larger crack on the side. should i just suck it up and move my sand and rock to another tank?

crack.jpg
You can get 5 gallon buckets at home Depot. You can store everything, including livestock, in those until the damage is done. If it's just the silicone you may be able to redo it or get another tank and just put it back together. Had to do this for an ich outbreak where all my livestock went into buckets while I tore the tank apart for cleaning before. Good luck and hope it works out

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get 5 gallon buckets at home Depot. You can store everything, including livestock, in those until the damage is done. If it's just the silicone you may be able to redo it or get another tank and just put it back together. Had to do this for an ich outbreak where all my livestock went into buckets while I tore the tank apart for cleaning before. Good luck and hope it works out
1 have everyth1ng transferred to a 20 gallon tank now!
1 d1d have some buckets on hand - 1 hoped my f1lter wouldn't act up but the one t1me 1 had 1t out of the bucket to test 1t... 1t started spew1ng water aga1n. 1 m1ght need to lubr1cate the gasket aga1n (for the 3rd t1me).

1'm gonna keep the 10 gallon for future l1vestock that don't need water - the crack won't get any b1gger w1thout water pressure. Maybe 1'll make 1t 1nto a bug tank, or someth1ng l1ke that lol.

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well folks 1t f1nally seems l1ke my fluval 107 may have taken a dump on me. the motorhead tr1es to fly off and starts pour1ng water every t1me 1ts pr1med and now no matter what won't stop do1ng 1t :^)

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: brother bas1cally curbstomped the motorhead back on. 1ts work1ng aga1n. Cannot bel1eve 1 have to hulk out to get the motorhead back on.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back