Crack on tank... ticking time bomb?

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottom corners support the weight of the tanks if its a rimmed tank... This doesnt look like a rimmed tank. But still thats a ticking time bomb.. how many gallons is this ??

Please take vetter pictures... turn the blue lights off and take normal pictures.

I wouldnt use a tank with a crack.. itll spread.. and most likely what will happen is this.

Wow that's no joke !!!!

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That needs to addressed ASAP, not just the potential for flood damage, but electrical fire as well! I remember a reefer who had a seal on one of his reefflow pumps go out and caused a bad electrical fire, luckily no nobody got hurt.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep some Flex Seal around for when it lets go :)

giphy.gif

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody noted earlier it’s not a matter if but of when ...... well of course, that true for everything in life. The key is when’s the when? Nobody can say. Could fail tomorrow; or it could last a decade. I patched a 20L with a crack much worse than that and used it as a sump for 15 years. Best advice is to replace the tank,

OP
OP
LanaDelNeighh

LanaDelNeighh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep some Flex Seal around for when it lets go :)

giphy.gif

Hopefully I can be there when it shatters and be that dramatic with my nifty flex seal patch lol. Jk

Update: found a new tank for sale locally that’s already set up.... seems like a solid deal. Guess who’s going to be inspecting every inch of it Friday when I go get it.

To the OP - you are both brave and insane

And yes I’m a bit off my rocker. I blame my career choice, but wouldn’t have it any other way. Had a dream about the tank shattering last night so my decision is sealed. Unlike my current tank

Thanks everybody for helping me avoid certain tank disaster! Look for pics of the new tank setup next week!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back