Cracking Radion G5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not but their making money off of it.

They are not making money after paying to ship products back and forth and the replacement parts :).

I think it is a silly concern to bicker about a single dollar. They are taking care of the issue.... it may be not with the time to worry about the logistics of refunding a single dollar after the interaction is complete.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not making money after paying to ship products back and forth and the replacement parts :).

I think it is a silly concern to bicker about a single dollar. They are taking care of the issue.... it may be not with the time to worry about the logistics of refunding a single dollar after the interaction is complete.

I think you are missing the point and I ju

I think you are missing the point and I want to be clear the dollar doesnt bother me one bit.
I dont think the issue is the dollar at all. I think the issue is being made to feel like you are an inconvenience to the company by CS rep when really the whole ordeal is an Inconvenience for the loyal longtime customer that most of us are.

I know ecotech is gonna handle it professionally I just know my dealings with their CS dept hasn't always been the best. I think I got upset because when I call they always act like it's the first they are hearing of the issue and are always insisting on proof and jumping through hoops instead of apologizing and saying we will get that fixed right away for you.

Moving forward I think they should be less combative when first reaching out to them and the customer should be innocent until proven guilty

Anyway I dont know why I keep posting on this topic probably bc we are all home twiddling are thumbs but I am done. Lights are getting fixed or replaced and hopefully everyone can enjoy these exceptionally engineered LEDs that have the coverage of an orphekv4 at a fraction of the size.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Tim at EcoTech
I've called in twice and both times there was a attempt at sending a picture with details on this procedure.
Both times it failed to download.
Can you post those pictures here?

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Tim at EcoTech ,
I know there are many like me who are waithing to buy your radion g5 because of the problems that have been mentioned here. Today it reassures me to have your comments on the craks problem. Can you give us your comments on the fan noise as well as the problems with the Mobius app.

could a vidéo made buy Ecotech demonstrating step by step how to configure several lamp be put online ?

thank you

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ye

Yeah, Im not waiting for them to do it. Ill have them ship me the new parts and I'll fix them myself. providing it doesnt void the warranty. However im more displeased about the lack of communication from ETM..

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim at EcoTech I also Have emails to ETM about my issue with no response. As well as BRS sending an email on my behalf. Both have not been replied to. Curious as to when/How we can expect these updated kits?

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kit includes the appropriate torx key to perform the job.

Also is there a build date that these were addressed on? I have 2 new XR15's arriving tomorrow from Marinedepot.com, and curious if you can tell me the date forward these were updated??

Thanks for answereing our questions and making this right. I still feel you offer a stellar product and hopefully the CS lives up to its name as well!!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are missing the point and I ju

I think you are missing the point and I want to be clear the dollar doesnt bother me one bit.
I dont think the issue is the dollar at all. I think the issue is being made to feel like you are an inconvenience to the company by CS rep when really the whole ordeal is an Inconvenience for the loyal longtime customer that most of us are.

I know ecotech is gonna handle it professionally I just know my dealings with their CS dept hasn't always been the best. I think I got upset because when I call they always act like it's the first they are hearing of the issue and are always insisting on proof and jumping through hoops instead of apologizing and saying we will get that fixed right away for you.

Moving forward I think they should be less combative when first reaching out to them and the customer should be innocent until proven guilty

Anyway I dont know why I keep posting on this topic probably bc we are all home twiddling are thumbs but I am done. Lights are getting fixed or replaced and hopefully everyone can enjoy these exceptionally engineered LEDs that have the coverage of an orphekv4 at a fraction of the size.
It sounds like this problem has been dynamic and they're making decisions on the fly to make customers happy.

When you called and spoke with a cs agent perhaps etm was unaware, and when your buddy called, the cs rep he spoke to was abreast of the situation.

I wouldn't construe it as them giving false info, they're trying to piece things together as well and I'm sure they're giving you the best information they have at that time.

I just find it fascinating that in a sea of manuacturers, etm is willing to be the innovators and go against the easy route by taking off the shelf components and slapping their name on it and not having input on quality control. In the end we get a better product.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also is there a build date that these were addressed on? I have 2 new XR15's arriving tomorrow from Marinedepot.com, and curious if you can tell me the date forward these were updated??

Thanks for answereing our questions and making this right. I still feel you offer a stellar product and hopefully the CS lives up to its name as well!!
I think this problem is solely an XR30 issue.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, I know ETM, like many companies, is operating on a skeleton crew and many people are working from home.. Not making excuses, just stating a fact that I'm sure may have been missed by many..

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Ecotech, what's going on? 5 out of 6 XR15 lamps defective? That's not nice. Now it's your turn! Please suggest solutions!
inbound8718638100644082220.jpg

inbound3543574526567065625.jpg
@Sisterlimonpot

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eddius_maximus
Probably unrelated and most likely due to shipping/packaging.

I am dealing with that as well unfortunately and ETM will replace them. $1 to switch out lights and one at a time.

Lunardogs I am in the same boat and was told the same thing.

I just don’t get for people with multiple fixtures that they have to switch out 1 fixture at a time. ETM already have the customers credit card by charging them $1. Why can ETM just send them all at once and the customers can send all the defected one back on one trip?

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like this problem has been dynamic and they're making decisions on the fly to make customers happy.

When you called and spoke with a cs agent perhaps etm was unaware, and when your buddy called, the cs rep he spoke to was abreast of the situation.

I wouldn't construe it as them giving false info, they're trying to piece things together as well and I'm sure they're giving you the best information they have at that time.

I just find it fascinating that in a sea of manuacturers, etm is willing to be the innovators and go against the easy route by taking off the shelf components and slapping their name on it and not having input on quality control. In the end we get a better product.

I am just basing this on my experience and a few others I have read. I am on the same page with you about really really appreciating ecotechs innovation.

I cant imagine how overwhelmed they are right now and the stress they must be under. I am in no rush to recieve my replacement units even though I contacted them and uploaded video to youtube on April 4th. It is not dire and I think everyone could use a little more patience given the circumstances.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I had a discussion with BRS and the guy I spoke to was quite helpful but claimed to have never heard of this problem. It was said the issue would be pushed up the ladder to Ryan and others. Ultimately they don't have any lights right now and expecting end of month. My account was annotated as likely to return for replacement. I think the only thing I'm concerned about is the typical send us the lights and we will send replacements policy. I don't have backup lights at the moment and I'm not going to leave my tank dark for perhaps days. Well I do but I'm not going to the hassle of reconfiguring the top of my tank and dragging out a massive 6ft MH/T5 fixture and hooking it up. No definitive answer but there seemed to be the possibility of CC secured cross shipping or maybe free overnight replacement shipped when UPS scans the returned package leaving things dark just a day. In any case I would really like to see BRS step up and issue an official stance on this. I've used them for years and spent many thousands, as have many others, and would expect nothing less.

In reality though while I want my lights replaced I don't think I want it until the problem is resolved with improved/redesigned parts. Unfortunately I suspect that might be something as half done as the same part with a couple added rubber washers. Worst case I will repair them myself.

And BTW not to judge but Torx has been around 35+ years and a pretty basic tool that's usually part of even a basic bit set. Then again I have more tools than God ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back