How many Radion G6 Pro XR30/XR15 for my tank

Packer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

I'm still fairly new to the hobby but I'm looking to learn from the best and that is all you experienced people in the hobby.

I have a 65 gal tank with the standard LED's that came with it. I'm looking into upgrading the lights in order to be able to keep a nem and some corals. I'm currently 6 months in and will wait another 6 months or so before adding corals. Just being pro-active with my research before hand.

My tank dimensions are 36" x 18" x 25". Now I'm wondering what are the best lights. I've been looking at the Radions' G6. How many would I need and which version between XR30 and XR15. Are the G5's better? Any reason I shouldn't go with these lights? If so what are you're recommendations?

Currently I have a CUC of snails and hermits, 2 clowns, a fire goby, cleaner shrimp and took a chance with a Valentini Puffer(Hopefully my shrimp won't be dinner; but he hasn't been interested yet)

Thank you in advance.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The g5/g6 have better coverage spread but less par compared to g4. I think both are equally important. I would get a reefbreeders photon 32 and call it a day. You could keep any coral with that light

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back