crack's very square build

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, im kind of new here. i wanted to do a thread that started off as a build then transformed into a progression. to share with you guys and to track things for myself.
ok so here is the plan, a 30 gallon 24x24x12 rimless tank! i will be adding a back to the tank (waiting for the glass to be cut now) in which i will put all my filtration. i have a tunze 9005, tunze osmolator, eheim 1250 (return), and brs dual reactor. i am waiting for someone hopefully brs (rewards points) to get the new black ai sol leds in. i will run those with the controller. only thing i will need then is a mp10 or 2 (hopefully one will be under the tree?). this is going to be a sps dominate tank with lps mixed in and maybe some zoas. i am doing the rock work now and i will get pictures up once that is done!

MurseBS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to it man sounds like fun. Good luck with the build and yes maybe Santa will be good to u.

OP
OP
spscrackhead

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! i had to find something to do, i am doing the rock work and using that cement stuff from marco's rocks. i would get antsy and mess with it before it would fully dry lol.
lets make a build thread!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds really cool, cant wait to see it.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool tank. I have one at the house as well as my last display was twice that, a 4x2x1. Can't wait to see pics.

OP
OP
spscrackhead

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the official water in tank date is the first of the year! so the tank is 15 days old as of today. figured id finally get you guys some pictures lol
so here is a fts. so far i just have a clown (looking to get her a buddy) and 3 blue reef chromis. a mini nemmy, ora red goni, and a few sps and acans. i have a shipment of more coming in on thursday.
this angle is a bit confusing as far as the rock goes so i will get more up to better help explain how the rock is. also, that one piece on the right is eventually coming out. it is just in there now to help seed everything.

jjj 0481.jpg

OP
OP
spscrackhead

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a shot from above. you ca nsee i covered the false wall with some rock.
let me know what you guys think!
i will get some equip shots up when i get a chance.
jjj 049.jpg

OP
OP
spscrackhead

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just an update... i have been steadily picking up frags here and there. plan on picking up a pink lemonade and blue cali tort tonight and then i am goin to hold off (building up for a huge acan pack i want). one of the chromis jumped and i ran into another clown that i picked up and they have paired off nicely
algae is also starting to pick up. i have been feeding heavily so i have been upping the vodka dosing.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back