crashed tank

rkseaslug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 29 gal crashed and I lost all my sps, I did huge water change and added stress zyme with 75% water change. PH is almost 8 KH is at 10, nitrate is 0, Calcium s 400, but Mag is way above 1300? How do I bring that down?

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by crashed? Did just your sps rtn or did everything die? has your alkbeen stable at 10 or did it shift

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses. :squigglemouth: Are you dosing Mg, or are you replenishing through water changes? I'd ensure that your test kit is accurate by borrowing a fellow reefers test kit or taking a water sample to the LFS. I've had a few test kits that have given me readings of 1700+ when they were getting close to their expiration date, so a bad kit is a possibility. If you did a 75% water change, I can't imagine that your Mag would be that high because most salt mixes are in the 1100-1400 range. What salt mix are you using? Is it a new batch of salt that might bad?

OP
OP
R

rkseaslug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost all sps and all zoas are closed. I use aqua vitro salt, but used instant ocean for last two water changes. I guess I need to check water with some oneelses kits to see. Assuming I get chemistry back to specs, doI need to cycle tank again or is it good to go again?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back