Crayola Meltdown Chalice discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raptor777
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Raptor777

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2017
Messages
593
Reaction score
232
Location
NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi All

I am close to buying a Frag of crayola meltdown chalice but only has three colors and looks nothing like the mother colony does. I mean it’s definitely cut from it but the mother colony has 10 colors. My question is will the Frag eventually grow out and develop those colors? Has anyone experienced this? If so any tips?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Hi All

I am close to buying a Frag of crayola meltdown chalice but only has three colors and looks nothing like the mother colony does. I mean it’s definitely cut from it but the mother colony has 10 colors. My question is will the Frag eventually grow out and develop those colors? Has anyone experienced this? If so any tips?

Thanks
The colours of coral are in the genetics, you’ll find if you buy a frag with more of one colour and less of another they grow out and gain almost an equal amount of colour, the crayola meltdown is the same in which they are fragged with few colours then as they grow they gain all the colours the original colony had IME.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new