• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Crayola Meltdown Chalice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is for the general discussion of the classified ad Crayola Meltdown Chalice. For more information about this item, please click the link or ask a question in this thread.

Please add to the discussion here.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the real cca meltdown…

1E40B708-3460-43E0-8C4B-8BBF18BDA041.jpeg

lots of fakes being sold for about a third of the price of the real cca crayola meltdown,
subsequently,

that third of the price is actually three to four times what a regular old mummy eye should be worth…

OP
OP
Rogued_Reefer

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the real cca meltdown…

1E40B708-3460-43E0-8C4B-8BBF18BDA041.jpeg

lots of fakes being sold for about a third of the price of the real cca crayola meltdown,
subsequently,

that third of the price is actually three to four times what a regular old mummy eye should be worth…
Ok so let me understand here because I’m not trying to sell something for something else. Reputable sites sell the same chalice as mine as crayola meltdown and as we know there is many different strains of same chalice for example rainbows you have multiple strains that look almost the same.
So in your opinion what makes mine not a crayola meltdown?

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
they’re selling fakes too…

looking at those two pictures,
you know yours isn’t the real cca meltdown.

unfortunately, most reefers aren’t savvy enough to know the difference.
they just see what they perceive to be a bargain

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
one key detail i've found…
for every color of the eyes, the tentacles match.
so blue eye, will have blue tentacles,
yellow eyes will have yellow tentacles,
so on and so forth.

there are other details, but these are the most clearly obvious for my purposes

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so let me understand here because I’m not trying to sell something for something else. Reputable sites sell the same chalice as mine as crayola meltdown and as we know there is many different strains of same chalice for example rainbows you have multiple strains that look almost the same.
So in your opinion what makes mine not a crayola meltdown?

There are still many reputable sites out there that will call one coral by a collector name when it's not the same.

I noticed right away because of the formation of the eyes. The eyes are clustered and raised up.

It looks like it might be a different species of chalice compared to the Crayola meltdown. It might be a Mycedium or Echinophyllia? "Not positive on which species this one is I'm not the expert on identifying the species. I'm sure someone could chime in and identify the species specifically.

Despite that it's still a really nice looking chalice :)

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guys are right that's a really nice chalice but the other chalice is a rainbow mummy eye some have paid Ludacris amounts for looking at this guys account he was in contact with ASD who was selling a certain grafted coral at the time. "shrugs" is he an importer? why is most major vendors staying away from this something this pricey an from the looks of it not too hard to grow...meh what do I know I just really love chalice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back