Crazy algae growing up so fast

seablsckstorms

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This algae have been growing so fast and I’m tired of cleaning rocks manually every 10 days I don’t have time for that t and my tank looks really dirty, anyone knows how to kill this algae? Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
I like sea urchins
 
This algae have been growing so fast and I’m tired of cleaning rocks manually every 10 days I don’t have time for that t and my tank looks really dirty, anyone knows how to kill this algae? Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Is this tank at or near a window?
Are you by chance using tap water or tap water for topping tank off?
What is your phosphate level?

Seeing no coral on this rock, I would place it in a container of tank water and pull off as much as you can by hand and scrub the rest with a firm toothbrush and some 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Return to tank, reduce white light intensity and number of hours of white lighting and add some snails such as :
Astrea
cerith
turbo grazer
trochus

A Pencil urchin

8-10 Caribbean blue leg hermits

Another cause is overfeeding and lack of maintenance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new