OP
OP
Betex

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we see the test kit readout pls, the actual kit and the comparison card as a pic vs reported numbers

we are collecting Red Sea ammonia pictures on known cycled tanks in another thread

Take close up / bright light so we have that reference

the mb7 played no role here, the tank was already full of bacteria, it’s why fish lived through all the dosings / offsets and the other corals were fine. We can see in the link above reef tanks uptake straight ammonia rapidly.

we will never know if posted readings are taken from reef tanks or just distilled water and reported as reef tank water but as we collect enough patterns in our ammonia picture thread the trends will keep the truth running.
Yeah sure I’ll run another test and take pic for ya along with tank. Whatever it was the ammonia showed it’s decreased through the water changes and letting it settle within the 4-5days

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the 3rd best false stuck cycle thread I have seen among three thousand.

An update, a finality is needed to tie in the life arc of this tank.

I wanted to show how long this reef tank ran after we diagnosed it as 0% cycling issues, 0% ammonia control issues. The reef is referenced here from this post a couple mos ago/carries fish fine. ran until a tank upgrade occurred recently

it carried fish and corals a long, long time after we said not to run colorimetric ammonia test kits on display reefs/causes undue concern

the before pictures of this reef before any ammonia concern, match exactly the same pictures during the concern, and those pictures match the pictures of the reef from the final weeks of running before breakdown due to upgrade, not loss.

the macro view of the tank never changed during the heightened concern period nor the claimed resolution period. corals/fine the whole time. no tank crash/ran just fine.

the big picture view is the truth in cycling.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back