Creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found myself adding an old carbon reactor to my tank today. Did this because I "thought I needed it" and I have several packed away in my old gear - not because the tank said I needed it.

So off to Lowe's for some vinyl hose and straight back to plumb it off my return with a loop back to the sump. It Immediately leaks (old gaskets needing a lube) and then my overflow level drops due to the reduced flow.

Was in the middle of bumping the return pump speed up when I thought "whatever happened to keeping it simple". Seems I was intent on creating a solution for a problem that didn't exist.

Came to my senses, took everything off and reset to to established flow rates.

Anybody else find themselves doing stuff for no reason only to find it unnecessary?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found myself adding an old carbon reactor to my tank today. Did this because I "thought I needed it" and I have several packed away in my old gear - not because the tank said I needed it.

So off to Lowe's for some vinyl hose and straight back to plumb it off my return with a loop back to the sump. It Immediately leaks (old gaskets needing a lube) and then my overflow level drops due to the reduced flow.

Was in the middle of bumping the return pump speed up when I thought "whatever happened to keeping it simple". Seems I was intent on creating a solution for a problem that didn't exist.

Came to my senses, took everything off and reset to to established flow rates.

Anybody else find themselves doing stuff for no reason only to find it unnecessary?
Story of my life.

We need to start a club called "I learned the hard way".
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back