OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I manually dose all of mine and it’s bad enough when they make the instructions so bad. It’s more of a pain but, easier than what your doing. With mine, I test alk and cal daily then based on where those are at I do the math and add x amount of tablespoons to my top off water. If my alk is already at 8 I will dose maybe 1/4 or what I normally do so there isn’t such a large drop. If calcium stays at 440 then I simply don’t dose it. There are times like on mine it used 1.5 tablespoons of alk and cal a day just to stay at 8 and 440. At times it slows and now cal changes every few days alk drops from 8-7 daily. I’m hoping it picks back up again like before it’s much easier. But their instructions along with some others aka Redsea make it impossible even for someone who is excellent at math and chemistry and science. Sometimes they make no sense and asking on here is the best.

Personally I don’t like the baking powder way, I have seen too many issues with ofher people’s tank to trust it. But I can say you will need to test daily or often till it gets consistent and it will. However, like mine it can always change so good to test twice a week. Also for coral health do not keep parameters exactly at 8 and 440 let it swing a tad.
Like 7.5 maybe 7, and or maybe 8.5, then 420 maybe to 460.
The more you make and or chase numbers the more sensitive the corals become and will respond badly if you have ever so slight of a swing.

Thank you very much you’re right about manufacturers instructions

OP
OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t mix them.

That’s why it’s called 2 part.

They react together and form a precipitate.
1034d7ecd3b0b184db2c66b25d8d44f0.jpg

Sorry i didnt mean mix them together i meant mixing the powders in ro water as two separate solutions lol

OP
OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The calcium will come down on its own as along as your salt mix is not adding more than your tank uses. If your alk falls then Randy's baked baking soda will raise it.
Once you get your numbers in line then you dose part A and part B . The amounts you dose of each will depend on what your tank uses and how much your salt mix puts back in when doing a water change.

Thank you very much [emoji1417][emoji1417]

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back