Critique my Planned Frag Tank Please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aere
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aere

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
315
Reaction score
136
Location
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I am building this frag tank, and going to start growing and fragging corals. I have a 125g Display tank currently.

0VDopQr.png



The 4 tanks, and the refugium/sump will be 50gallon rubbermaid stock tanks all plumbed together with valves, hard plumbed. 225-250 gallon total system depending on water levels.
Rubbermaid Commercial FG424300BLA Structural Foam Stock Tank, 50 Gallon Capacity, 52" Length x 12" Height, Black: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
the stand I will build myself

Equipment:

Skimmer : Reef Octopus DCS 200 Amazon.com: Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 200 DC Internal Protein Skimmer: Pet Supplies
UV : Corallife Turbotwist 12x Amazon.com: Coralife 15602 12X Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer: Pet Supplies
Return Pump : Diablo DC 10500 Diablo DC 10500 Variable Speed Water Pump, from Octopus for $269.95 only at ReefSpecialty. Saltwater Aquarium Supplies, Aquarium LED Lighting and Protein Skimmers - 435-671-6522
Carbon/GFO : (2) BRS deluxe Reactors BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor ? Deluxe - Bulk Reef Supply
Lighting : (4) Reefbreeder Photon 48, 1 for each bin and Two of there fuge lights for the refugium reefbreeders
Heater : (2) Eheim Jager 300w Eheim Jager TruTemp Fully Submersible UL Approved Heater
Powerheads : (4) WP25's Amazon.com: Jebao WP-25 Wavemaker with Controller, 800gph-2000gph: Pet Supplies

I will have a back up solution for power outages and a chiller won't be needed, though I currently do have one for my main display if needed. I may do an ATS not sure yet, never had one before.

Would you add, and or change anything?


Apex controlled as well.
 
I think it looks great. The only thing is I had 2 tanks drain into 2 lower ones like that and had mad bubbles and splashing. Maybe build.over flow boxes and run 2 drain lines 1 full siphon and one to catch the rest. Just my .02. Will be a killet frag system though
 
The only thing I would do differently is, even though it's a lot more plumbing is separate drains with emergency bank up drains for each tank. Just a personal preference. You'll like those WP25's. They move a lot of water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new