Critter ID i am stumped.

JulianHuntToronto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is up for some critter ID this morning? Found this in the rockwork yesterday, i moved it with a rod and it has a foot and curled up, put it where it is now and it attached to the rock, it is not a Majano anemone as it is not radial and does not fluoresce.

Under both blue and white lights, it has what looks like star-tips, like a cespitularia when they are closed but they would not have feet, move and would be growing on the rocks.
Apologies for the iPhone - even the pro seems not to be able to focus too well on it.

IMG_3047.jpeg IMG_3046.jpeg IMG_3035.jpeg IMG_3033.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is up for some critter ID this morning? Found this in the rockwork yesterday, i moved it with a rod and it has a foot and curled up, put it where it is now and it attached to the rock, it is not a Majano anemone as it is not radial and does not fluoresce.

Under both blue and white lights, it has what looks like star-tips, like a cespitularia when they are closed but they would not have feet, move and would be growing on the rocks.
Apologies for the iPhone - even the pro seems not to be able to focus too well on it.

IMG_3047.jpeg IMG_3046.jpeg IMG_3035.jpeg IMG_3033.jpeg
Do you have a large softie colony that it may have budded off from?

OP
OP
JulianHuntToronto

JulianHuntToronto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a large softie colony that it may have budded off from?
I figured it out, you are correct, i was confused when it was all balled up but now it is open it is a budding off of the large blue pineapple Kenya tree, i was not aware they dropped bits of themselves but apparently they do. The "foot" was obviously the round part where it broke off of the main trunk. Glad that is solved thanks for the heads up - I was praying it was not some nasty anemone, after having just injected all the aipasia I could see, worked amazingly with kalk paste and added 5 Berghias to get the ones i cannot see.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back