Critter ID

ldouglasreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, does anyone have a clue what these tentacles or flagella like arms belong to? There is a very small gap underneath the micromussa frag and after I did a water change these tentacles reached out. I then proceed to test if they retract when they get touched, and they did.

Mind you I dipped this coral frag in a typical Bayer concentration solution twice with tank water rinses in between.

10ml Bayer / cup of tank water (10 min)
Tank water rinse (10 min)
10ml Bayer / cup of tank water (10 min)
Tank water rinse (10 min)

A flatworm looking thing came off during the rinse and hardened within minutes but apparently the dip didn't do anything to this... That is if it is something.



PXL_20261008_155225852.MP~2.jpg
 
Ah yes unfortunately I should have taken more photos before touching it. I took a short vid before I touched it.

Vid here
 
Last edited:
Once my headlamp comes in I plan to take a closer look at the frag. Might use some small tweezers to able to get under the frag and see what it is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new