Crushed coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeSoDo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeSoDo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2024
Messages
308
Reaction score
198
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I hope you're having a great day! Quick question......
Has anyone used crushed coral and emarco 400 cement flattened to raise their rock structure?
If not, I'm probably gonna do it because I don't want my structure to be buried under 2-3" sand, because it'll take away that much of the arch. So I'll probably mix crushed coral, sand, and emarco 400 to make 1" thick squares. Didn't want to use egg create, because I've heard it could leach phosphates and/or harm sand dwellers.
 
Decided to just use mesh bags and just fill with crushed coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new