Crushed torch

ReefingWreckss

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Messages
130
Reaction score
250
Location
Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whelp made a huge mistake, went to pull my torch off the plug and crushed its skeleton into pieces. Had my wife immediately pour glue on it in attempt to hold it together. And then threw it on a frag rack. This thing was absolutely shattered and I have no idea how the tentacles didn’t fall into pieces. This is 24 hours later. I have it in a very low flow area of the tank. Hope it survives.
20260317_142511_545C6614-32EF-4CF9-96C1-82F65F0A6944.png

20260317_142511_B9AD241F-5C05-4AD5-AE5C-30DE77082B1B.png
 
If you were lucky and didn’t damage any flashy parts and was just lower skeleton base you will have a pretty good chance of recovery. If the flesh was damaged that’ll be a different story. I’d keep a modest flow going. I’ve found extended periods of low flow were not helpful. I’ve done this myself but not quite to this extent. Just keep it clean with good flow and decent light see what happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new