Ct reef newcomer

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. You won’t get reprimanded here for making mistakes. We’ve all made them and will continue to at times. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

OP
OP
N

Nicodemisdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tjank you all for the warm greetings
Moved to CT last fall and got the OK to get my first salt water tank for Christmas ;)
On sale 75 gallon from Petsmart and a local who was going to start, but life got in his way.. sold me a bunch of outdated, but new in box stuff t5 8 bulb light, pro aquatics 75 wet/dry sump/filter (had a skimmer that was missing a part.. tried manufacturer and it has been discontinued for 10 years lol never used .. was able to find one skimmer small enough to fit) An older 75 gallon tank and a older 40 gallon tank with stand were thrown in.
Been researching and investing in equipment since with a newly cycled tank now in operation.
Looking forward to picking brains, getting reprimanded for mistakes and watching the reef come to life :)

Welcome to R2R and the salty world. You won’t get reprimanded here for making mistakes. We’ve all made them and will continue to at times. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
Thank you all for the warm greetings! Nice to have a place to have my back in this adventure ;)

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to CT last fall and got the OK to get my first salt water tank for Christmas ;)
On sale 75 gallon from Petsmart and a local who was going to start, but life got in his way.. sold me a bunch of outdated, but new in box stuff t5 8 bulb light, pro aquatics 75 wet/dry sump/filter (had a skimmer that was missing a part.. tried manufacturer and it has been discontinued for 10 years lol never used .. was able to find one skimmer small enough to fit) An older 75 gallon tank and a older 40 gallon tank with stand were thrown in.
Been researching and investing in equipment since with a newly cycled tank now in operation.
Looking forward to picking brains, getting reprimanded for mistakes and watching the reef come to life :)
Welcome! Did you have a chance to check out the frag farmers market in CT last weekend? If you happen to be in eastern CT, consider joining the Boston Reefers Society!

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Happy Reefing!

happy minions GIF

OP
OP
N

Nicodemisdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Did you have a chance to check out the frag farmers market in CT last weekend? If you happen to be in eastern CT, consider joining the Boston Reefers Society!
Just started on the site today and a little bit farther out in Granby, but I'm sure by the time the next ones roll around the tank and will be ready for some new frags :)

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started on the site today and a little bit farther out in Granby, but I'm sure by the time the next ones roll around the tank and will be ready for some new frags :)
It's the largest one day coral event in the country. As the kids say, it's off the hook!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Drummingbaker2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be happy to help you out if needed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back