CTARS May 2019 Meeting - Sunday 5/19 530pm

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

It's that time again....Our Bi-Annual Fragging Demo.

Please come out to this interactive demo. You all will have the opportunity to frag something at the meeting. This is a good time to play around with some of the tools to get you comfortable before you do it in your own home.

All paid CTARS members will leave with AT LEAST 2 free frags.

We will have some frag related raffles such as frag racks, fragging kits, and more...

Wet Pets will have additional frags for sale at the meeting as well.

We will also have some refreshments.....either coffee and donuts or possibly pizza and soda...we will know for sure when it gets closer.

Don't miss out on this fun event!

Where:
Lutz Children's Museum, Manchester, CT

When:
Sunday May 19th at 530pm

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope we can make it.. Bummer, really wish meetings would be on Saturdays..

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's understandable. My son should have enough time to either get his schedule changed or get someone to cover for him. @sassAwrasse Did you get my PM acquiring about the club's PAR meter? @Mike_J offered to give me a hand. Also I'd like to open the experience to anyone that would like to learn how to use a PAR meter correctly. My home will be open to anyone whom wants to attend.

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget... all paid CTARS MEMBERS get free frags at the demo on Sunday at 530pm at the Lutz Children's Museum. Come out and enjoy the show.

Taxus812

Destroyer of corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I survived my surgery my wife and i be there ;).

Quick question my daughter (age 16) and her boyfriend (16) were interested in joining this weekend. Will the frags be available to them as well?

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I survived my surgery my wife and i be there ;).

Quick question my daughter (age 16) and her boyfriend (16) were interested in joining this weekend. Will the frags be available to them as well?

Anyone is able to attend for the camaraderie and demonstration...but only paid members will receive free frags at the demo.

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are excited for tomorrow's fragging demo. We will have a station set up with a dremel and dead coral skeletons for those that want to practice fragging without worrying about doing any damage.

Donnie from Wet Pets will be doing the actual demo with live coral for us.

Also, we just picked up raffle prizes for tomorrow's meeting.

We have 2 fragging tool box kits loaded with goggles, gloves, tweezers, chisel, various scalpels, coral dip, frag plugs and 2 different types of adhesive (super glue gel and aquavitro bond beads).

We also have a building an obsession frag transport and separate acrylic frag rack that holds 12 frags.

If time permits and we are lucky enough to get one off the rock in the Lutz tank, we will possibly raffle off a rose bubbletip anemone.

And of course, CTARS members will leave the demo with 2 free frags.

(Remember, you must be a current paid member to participate in raffles and giveaways.)

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait. My son and I will be there. I have a small colony each of Bam Bam's and Scrabble Egg zoas. Each around 10 polyps. Also a nice size frag of Red Dragon and a frag of Green Tip Birds of Paradise. They are up for grabs. If you have something to trade cool. I'm looking for a frag of Monti Cap. If not I'd like to just pass them on. I'd like to see them go to someone who'd appreciate them. Please let me know I'll bring them with us.

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a very interesting meeting showing different fragging techniques. I learned something! And all the free frags...!
Would have loved to have won one of those fragging kits!! Oh well!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back