Cube overflow choices

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a marineland 93 cube that was purchased used from a store that recently closed. It was set up for freshwater and doesn't have an overflow system with it. I've been humming and hawing over which style to place and have a hard time deciding. From what I've seen most people have a corner overflow built in. I like the idea of the pipes going straight down to the sump while keeping the outside of the tank clean, but I'm not a fan of the lost space in the tank. I have yet to see anyone with an external overflow mounted though, something more along the lines of the synergy ghost overflow. Are there any cube tanks here that have that I haven't found yet? I would like to also hear people's opinions on one versus the other, maybe it'll make the decision easier for me. Thanks!

jmanley7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 93 cube with a corner over flow, but if I could do it again I'd put the over flow in the middle.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled my cube and installed a herbie overflow.

OP
OP
MRRBW

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All shapes and styles. Difficult to choose. I'm looking at putting on an Elite-Aquatics overflow. Gonna give me lots of space in the tank. The debate now is to black out one side or just black out the middle where the pipes and overflow will be, or just leave it completely open

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled my 150 deep dimension and plumbed in a Bean, using locally cut glass to make the overflow. I wouldn't do it any other way just due to the failsafes.

OP
OP
MRRBW

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ghost overflow on my 60 cube and I have a build thread on here. Check it out. For a return I'm using a sea swirl.

Txs TreyC2010, your tank looks really nice. Nice cabinet as well. Couldn't really see the ghost overflow in the pics or back of the tank, although maybe that's how ghostly it is lol. I'm pretty sold on the external overflow and keeping tank space open. Space is premium! I'm looking in Elite Aquatics for my external, able to get it locally and it's a little cheaper, but essentially the same thing.

I have a MAME Overflow and love the look

That is some really nice glassware. Tempted to put this on my 30gallon tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back