• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cube Sump

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to buy a cube sump. Currently have a ruby 20c from trigger in service and its a bit big... So wanting to go smaller. Glass or acrylic is ok. Prefer local pickup (Long Beach, CA area), but will entertain shipping @ a good deal.

TIA!!!

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a Eshoops medium refugium cube work? Have one brand new in box.
And I am across the bridge...

Last edited:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1433.jpeg

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a Eshoops medium refugium cube work? Have one brand new in box.
And I am across the bridge...
Thats too pretty and prolly out of budget for my blood, lol. I would probably have to butcher the drain section to hold my filter roller also.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still trying to decide if I want to use it for my new frag set up. I will have to shoe horn it in. It will be great, but I will have to do some drawer slide creation to get access to it. I am skipping the filter roller aspect on the the frag. So I was hoping you would make the decision easier.
I do have this also, it was going to be my original sump for the 40g cube.
IMG_9215.jpeg
IMG_9209.jpeg

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the dimensions on that. Looking for a 16x16 sump ideally. My current wooden stand on my 50g cube is starting to sing like the fat lady, so its being swapped out to aluminum extrusion (80/20). I figured I could go to a different (smaller) sump since I'm swapping out the stand. Current stand is 30x24, new aluminum stand is 24x24, thus the need for a smaller sump. The trigger sump I'm using now can fit, but nothing else is fitting with it!

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the dimensions on that. Looking for a 16x16 sump ideally. My current wooden stand on my 50g cube is starting to sing like the fat lady, so its being swapped out to aluminum extrusion (80/20). I figured I could go to a different (smaller) sump since I'm swapping out the stand. Current stand is 30x24, new aluminum stand is 24x24, thus the need for a smaller sump. The trigger sump I'm using now can fit, but nothing else is fitting with it!
19.5 x 12.5 x 13.5 H I think it's a Aqua Japan 20g or something. It is designed to hold the Aquamax R170 roller, but I think you can put on any small roller with a hanging adapter I put a 2g ish res in it for kalk. $80 it's yours

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19.5 x 12.5 x 13.5 H I think it's a Aqua Japan 20g or something. It is designed to hold the Aquamax R170 roller, but I think you can put on any small roller with a hanging adapter I put a 2g ish res in it for kalk. $80 it's yours
Interesting...

Did you mod it for the kalk res or did you buy like that?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting...

Did you mod it for the kalk res or did you buy like that?
It was just a new tank, I had the glass cut and made the compartments. Back then I was going to just have a doser pull from that and either have a mini pump keep the kaulk suspended or just use saturated. Now, I think I would drill a small hole an inch from the top and have the ATO feed fresh into the Kaulk res and that would just drip into the sump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back