Cubes and Flow: Looking for options

xyzner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm getting close to finishing my tank build, but I'm stuck considering powerhead/wavemaker options. Tank is a 60 gallon 24x24. Right now I have my return (still unsure what this, gph wise, will give me since I put the sump in my basement and am unsure how much flow I'm going to get with my Pan World pump), and a used MP40 ES. I plan on the tank being almost purely SPS and despite reading multiple old threads and searching high and low, I still haven't found a great option. From what I can find, getting the correct flow in cubes can be quite difficult. Should I stick with what I have or go the gyre route? Any placement ideas? I'm on the fence about getting rid of the MP40 and going with the Maxspect 230 for uniform flow and adding a cheaper Jebao pump to get more targeted flow. I could really use some placement AND combination ideas. Over flow is in the right back corner FWIW.

Last edited:

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go with random and cross flow. Place two powerheads in the tank and adjust from there. I have an SPS dominant cube and have never had issues with flow, dead spots, etc. I’m running 2 WAV pumps

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back